Read, Think, Pray .. Repeat
We all know that if we want to be fit we need to work out. Growing your faith muscle works the exact same way. Reading the Bible is an essential, daily, Spiritual work out that Christians who are seeking growth must do. So, Pastor Mike has created a daily reading timeline that goes hand-in-hand with the 9AM Facebook Live daily devotion time.
Join us, won’t you?
Small Group Questions
beLIEve, part 3—Holy Spirit
Did you grow up attending a church that said a creed? Which creed? How often did you say it? How did it make you feel to say it together as a congregation?
- Have you thought of the Holy Spirit as a He, an It, a Ghost, or a Supernatural Power?
- Discuss the concept of the Trinity. That word never appears in scripture. Rather, the church invented the word to describe something real. Pastor Mike used the analogy of H2O, which exists as a solid/ice, liquid/water, and gas/steam. How do you understand the relationship between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? Why is it important to understand that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God and co-eternal?
(This conversation just may blow your mind or require a lot of Googling!)
- Read John 7:38-39. What difference does it make for the Holy Spirit to not just be WITH you, but actually WITHIN you?
- Read John 3:1-8. Pastor Mike said that one of the roles of the Holy Spirit was to BRING NEW LIFE to believers. If you’re a believer, have you experienced this New Life? If so, how? What might be hindering you from experiencing a fuller version of this New Life?
- Read Galatians 5:16-25. Which Fruit of the Spirit is most attractive to you, and why? Which Fruit of the Spirit is the most elusive in your current chapter of life, and why?
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:1-15. Pastor Mike said that the Holy Spirit gives each believer at least one spiritual gift. Spiritual gifts are not for building up ourselves, but rather for building up the Body of Christ, the Church, so it can fulfill its mission. What do you think about spiritual gifts? Do you know your spiritual gift? Are you using your spiritual gift in mission and ministry? If not, would you go online and take this spiritual gift assessment (https://spiritualgiftstest.com) and make the commitment to find out how to use your spiritual gift in ministry at Morning Star?