At Morning Star Church, we offer ministries, programs and classes that are open to everyone, regardless of membership status. Simply put, you do not need to be a church “member “or have any other title, credentials or background to participate, connect, serve or grow spiritually here.
As you come to belong to one another in Christian community, become more like Jesus in your daily life and bless others through words and actions, you may discover that God is calling you to a deeper commitment by making a covenant (promise) to support Morning Star Church through your consistent prayers, presence, financial gifts, service and invitation to others. You may even feel God moving you to serve in leadership roles at Morning Star. If this happens, we invite you to explore membership as a next step on your spiritual journey.
PATH TO MEMBERSHIP
We have found it helpful for members to share a common experience and understanding of our beliefs, history, culture, practices and expectations. If you’re interested in becoming a member of Morning Star Church, we celebrate that decision and invite you to engage in our path to membership by completing the below steps:
- Complete four Connect Classes and meet 1-on-1 with a Connect Coach
- Be serving twice per month in one or more ministries at Morning Star
- Be baptized and make a profession of faith (if you have not already)
- Complete Membership Application
- Prepare for and attend MSC Membership Class. Once you’ve completed steps 1 through 5 you’ll be sent details on registering and preparing for Membership Class.
- Be commissioned as new member during a weekend worship service
MEMBERSHIP CLASS DATES
Our 2017 membership classes will be on Tuesday, May 16th from 6:30-8:30 P.M. and Saturday November 11th from 10:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M. To be a member, you must have completed the above Path to Membership.
As you consider your next steps, we want to support and encourage you in this journey. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Pastor Jim Peich at 636.561.5680.