The King will reply, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:40)
When Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast in 2005, Morning Star heard of the need for used furniture to furnish homes for those struggling under the pressure of the rebuilding efforts and we sprang into action. Furnishing Hope was born out of that catastrophe and continued the effort for Joplin after the tornado of 2011. Over the years, Furnishing Hope has transformed into a multi-church partnership ministering to the needs of those in transition right here in St. Charles County and the St. Louis Region. It’s a hope-filled ministry working together with Summit Community Church, Immaculate Conception, the Sharing Shed, our own The Word at Shaw and their Furnishing Hope Ministry – across denominations, all the body of Christ helping those who are stepping out into a new hope, a new day.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Many of us have furniture that we no longer want or need and those items could a huge blessing to families who are experiencing crisis or transitioning out of homelessness. If you have items you would like to donate, fill out the form.
- Twin Beds (mattresses, box springs and frames)
- Bedroom furniture (dressers, nightstands, chest of drawers etc.)
- Kitchen furniture (tables, chairs, etc.)
- Linens (sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, etc.)
- Other items: lamps, pots and pans, kitchen utensils, dishes (no antiques please)
Please ensure all donations are in good condition and working order. We are unable to accept large appliances, clothing, baby items, or torn or damaged furniture. We reserve the right to accept or refuse any item. If you can help, please fill out the form.
So there’s a bumper sticker out there that says, “Yes, this is my truck. No, you can’t borrow it.” Buuuut, you’re a kind person, sooo … can we borrow your truck? If you have a 2” ball hitch or a trailer, BONUS! If you can help, please fill out the form.
We regularly offer opportunities to donate furniture as well as give your time helping families. On the following dates, we need about 40 people to help serve. You can serve for 2-3 hours, or the whole day — your choice based on availability.
Dates and Times coming soon.
- Pickup Teams. Routes are already mapped out to pick up donations and deliver to Sharing Shed location (923 East Terra Lane, O’Fallon, MO 63366.) Pickup Teams will meet at 7:30 a.m. in the Morning Star Church parking lot to discuss plans of the day, open in prayer and head out to be able to start the first pick up by 8 a.m. This serving opportunity will last between two to four hours depending on route, number of stops and pieces of furniture.
- Shed Team (923 East Terra Lane, O’Fallon, MO 63366). Help unload furniture or assist clients in choosing furniture. Shifts available: 8 – 11 a.m. and 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. *This is appropriate for all ages, but parents are responsible for the care and safety of their children.
If you can help serve, please fill out the form and let us know which opportunity you’re interested in above (Pickup or Shed Teams) and approximately what times you can serve.
Interested in helping out with Furnishing Hope? Fill out the form below and someone will contact you!